|This article is about the album. You may be looking for the song.|
Warrior is the second studio album released by Kesha. It was released on November 30, 2012.
In June 2010, Kesha discussed her second album with MTV News. During the interview she revealed that she was already beginning to think about her second album and explained that it was going differ from her first record, specifically commenting that it would reflect her growth: "There's definitely going to be a difference. I'm always changing and evolving and because I write all of my own music it will be reflective of the record. It'll still stay fun and young and irreverent." After the release of her first album Kesha embarked on her first worldwide tour, the Get $leazy Tour throughout 2011. While touring she began writing songs for her second album but recording and other work on the album was not commenced until she had completed the tour. 
In 2011, the singer took a hiatus from music to embark on other ventures. She was hired by the Humane Society and became their first global ambassador, which consumed her time as she made a documentary for National Geographic that revolved around "animals being abused and how to stop that, or animals that are going extinct and how to help those animals." The album includes a variety of different musical participants, which was explained by the singer: "The range of artists I want to work with is so vast it’s bizarre. If someone is a real artist, you can’t confine them to a particular genre. It’s my mission to make it all make sense somehow." Along with expanding her collaborations, the singer expanded her musical repertoire, as she began playing the guitar significantly more with the plans of incorporating it into her new material. In February 2012, while being interviewed by Glamour, Kesha stated that while she was currently in the process of writing songs for her album, she was also taking a variety of instrument lessons, emphasizing specifically that she was taking guitar lessons.
Promotion and release
The album was tentatively slated for a release in May 2012, but was released on November 30, 2012. It was originally expected to be released near the end of 2011 but the delay between albums was because Ke$ha wanted to try and make an album that could shift the sound of pop music into a more rock direction. The album released on November 30th in Australia and New Zealand (Sony Music). United Kingdom (Columbia) saw a December 3rd release, and lastly, United States (RCA) on December 4th. 25 second clips of each song were released on November 21st.
Under a month prior to the release, Ke$ha's official site started a hunt in promotion for the album. The instructions were posted on the site and included the usage of Twitter and travelling by foot.
|“||Zoom in on the map by tweeting #KeshaWarrior to discover the location of each symbol, then search the area on foot to find it. Each symbol has a secret link on it. Whoever discovers the symbol first and visits the link will unlock exclusive music or video for the entire world (and be able to claim the symbol as their own).||”|
- The first prize, "C'Mon", was discovered by ItsJustinJeez on November 16, 2012.
- The second prize, a behind the scenes video for the album photoshoot, was discovered by BadGirlTechna on November 20, 2012.
- The third prize, "Old Flames Can't Hold a Candle to You", was discovered by Keshamex on November 23, 2012.
- The fourth prize, Early Access, was discovered by KylieMcGregor on November 26, 2012.
- Early Access opened a page on iTunes with the following description.
For a limited time you could listen to the album from the queen of celebratory, reckless pop for free. Warrior is a bold yet irreverent album that mixes up rock 'n' roll bombast with dance pulsations. Lead single "Die Young" is just one of the album's unapologetically brash high points. The album is also available to pre-order.
- The fifth prize, the Deconstructed version of "Supernatural", was discovered by Jeppesuxx on November 30, 2012.
- The sixth prize, a short film titled "K$ Warrior Interrogation", was discovered by carloseanopry7 on December 3, 2012.
|4.||"Thinking of You"||3:05|
|6.||"Wherever You Are"||3:57|
|7.||"Dirty Love" (feat. Iggy Pop)||2:44|
|9.||"Only Wanna Dance with You"||3:30|
|11.||"All That Matters (The Beautiful Life)"||3:37|
|12.||"Love into the Light"||4:45|
|13.||"Last Goodbye" (bonus track)||3:49|
|14.||"Gold Trans Am" (bonus track)||3:21|
|15.||"Out Alive" (bonus track)||3:30|
|16.||"Past Lives" (bonus track)||3:36|
|17.||"Die Young" (Dallas K Extended Mix) (Japanese bonus track)||5:49|
|18.||"Die Young" (My Digital Enemy Remix) (Japanese bonus track)||5:46|
|19.||"Die Young" (Remix) (feat. Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa, and Becky G) (Japanese bonus track)||4:03|
Booklet and credits
- The photoshoot was done by Yu Tsai.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20110221205339/http://www.mtv.com.au/news/23341d5a-kesha-new-album//
- ↑ http://www.mtv.com/news/1663946/kesha-new-album/
- ↑ http://www.spin.com/articles/keha-talks-u-tour-its-epic-dance-party
- ↑ http://vmagazine.com/2012/04/born-in-the-u-s-a/?page=2
- ↑ http://vmagazine.com/2012/04/born-in-the-u-s-a/?page=3
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/music/interviews/a326631/keha-interview-i-want-to-be-fking-perfect/
- ↑ https://www.glamour.com/story/kesha-the-real-girl-under-the-glitter-glamour-march-2012